To add to the beauty, safety and cleanliness of the clinic, we replaced the flooring throughout the clinic! With the help of fundraising by the clinic, a donation by the San Diego County Optometric Society 2019 charity golf tournament, and a $2000 grant from the San Diego Lions Welfare Foundation, we were able to purchase and install the new flooring while the clinic was closed during the pandemic. Thank you to everyone for your support, we are so grateful!
As of today, Monday August 24th, 2020, the LOVC has reopened!
HOWEVER: it is by appointment only and we have several new rules and guidelines in place.
- Customers/patients will only be allowed into the facility by appointment only. To schedule an appointment call 619-298-5273 or email [email protected]
- Face coverings are required at all times while in the facility and must be worn when entering the facility.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be practiced when able.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to all guests/staff at all times.
- Please do not enter the facility if you are feeling unwell/have flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Customers/patients will be asked about symptoms and will have temperature checked before entering the facility and will not be admitted if >100 degrees F.
- Additional visitors will not be permitted unless needed for under-age patients, language translation, or disability assistance (max of 1 per customer/patient).
For your health and safety, as well as our staff, plastic face shields have been added, as well as a rigorous cleaning schedule for all commonly touched surfaces and restrooms.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time and we look forward to seeing you safely in the near future.
Board President Marcia DeRuntz and SDCOS Liaison to LOVC Erin Swift appear on a KUSI morning news segment to discuss the Lions Optometric Vision Clinic’s latest fundraisers.
Thank you to all the doctors who came to our Open House! We hope you enjoyed taking tours of the clinic, listening to great live music, sampling tasty snacks and winning great prizes!!
These were the recipients of our 2018 awards to our doctors who volunteered at the clinic last year. Thank you so much for all you do and all your support!
- “Lifetime” Achievement Award: 40+ years of service – Dr. Jeffrey Hall
- “MVP” Awards: most volunteer days – Dr. Bob Meisel and Dr. Gary Shute
- “Rookie of the Year” Award: new volunteer – Dr. Alexandra Scovill
Check out some photos from the Clinic!