What does the agency have to do?
As a referral only clinic, we ask you, the agency, to request an application via email. Please help the individual in need fill out the form completely. It is your duty to make sure the individual qualifies for our services.
What makes an individual qualify?
We aim to help the under-served in San Diego County, California; people who are otherwise unable to obtain assistance through private insurance, welfare, or other social service programs. This includes low-income families or individuals undergoing rehabilitation programs.
Is the service free?
The eye examination is free of cost due to our volunteer doctors. HOWEVER, there is still a fee for the materials, i.e. the glasses. Frames are free as they are used donated items. (We do have some low cost new frames.) Prices start at $30 for single vision lenses and $45 for bifocal lenses. AT LEAST 50% of the cost must be paid at the time of service on the day of the exam–no exceptions.
What if the agency decides to pay for the glasses?
If an agency chooses to pay for the glasses, please mark that clearly on the application and work out a payment plan in advance.
What if the individual has a prescription but cannot afford glasses?
An application still needs to be filled out and eligibility confirmed through the agency. Once the application is received and approved, the individual can then come in to order glasses.
- Send an email request for an application. Applications can be emailed or faxed.
- Help the individual in need fill out the application in full.
- As the agency, it is your duty to determine if the individual qualifies. To qualify, the individual must be unable to obtain assistance through private insurance, welfare, or other social service programs. This includes low-income families or individuals undergoing rehabilitation programs.
- Inform the individual of the cost of glasses. At least 50% of the cost must be paid on the day of service. If you, the referring agency, will be paying, please mark that clearly on the application and work out a payment plan in advance.
- Fax or email the complete application back to us.
- We will contact the individual to set up an appointment. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, there is usually a 1-2 month waiting period for an exam.
If you are an agency and need to contact us please use the form below: